The following criteria were established for applications for subventions to attend a Costume Committee Annual Meeting:
1. Be a member of the Costume Committee in good standing (include ICOM number with letter of application)
2. Have a paper accepted for presentation at the meeting
3. Write an essay of at least 150 words (300 words maximum) explaining why you want to attend the Annual Meeting; explain other funding sources received
4. Write a brief report on the experience for the Newsletter
5. Report to colleagues at home about the experience with a copy to the Costume Committee Secretary.
Young professionals should first apply to their National Committees and to ICOM Paris, which has grants available by country. Members in good standing should send application materials directly to the Chairperson of the Costume Committee. The Board of Officers will make the decisions for subventions. The number and amounts will be determined case by case and according to the Committee budget. Applications should be received at least two months prior to the scheduled Annual Meeting.