The mission of the International Committee for Architecture and Museum Techniques is:
- To support the aims and objectives of ICOM, in particular with reference to all aspects of museum architecture and exhibition (permanent and temporary) as the supporting and integral component of the museum's mission.
- To contribute to the development and implementation of ICOM's program.
- To formulate and carry out a program of activities related to museum architecture and exhibition techniques.
- To provide a forum for communication, co-operation and information exchange between museums, museum professionals and other professionals interested with the objectives of ICAMT.
- To provide advice to ICOM on issues related to museum planning, architecture and exhibition as well as the historic structures that represent various architectural heritages used as museums and be a source of professional expertise to assist in the implementation of ICOM's program.
- To represent the interests of ICAMT members within ICOM; to co-operate with National Committees and Regional Organizations of ICOM and with other International Committees' specific mandates and to the broader interests of ICOM.