Marketplace of Exhibitions and Ideas
Our Annual Conference also includes the popular Marketplace of Exhibitions and Ideas, as a forum in which delegates can share information about exhibition projects under development for touring opportunities.
ICEE, the International Committee on Exhibitions and Exchanges, builds bridges within the community of Exhibitions and Museums. The committee organizes several events, as conferences and annual meetings, to show and stimulate the evolution of exhibitions and exchanges practices.
(click here for the invitation)
On the occasion of the 23rd General Conference of ICOM, from August 10 to 17th in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, we will be electing a new ICEE Executive Board for the coming 2013-2016 term.
The Board is our governing body and a very active one. Every year, the ICEE meets for a 3-Day conference to discuss issues and themes related with exhibitions and exchanges. We are keen therefore to encourage members to join us and help develop the ICEE further.
If you wish to put your candidacy forward, please fill in the attached Nomination Form and return it to the ICEE Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org before or on August 1st, 2013, at the latest. We require that you are present at the election, on August 15th, between 1:30 and 4:40 PM, to be considered a formal candidate.
Current ICEE Board
The current Board consists of the following members:
1. Dr. Anne-Catherine Robert, President (France) – Eligible for re-election as president, 3 years
2. Mr. Nicolas Gauvin, Secretary (Canada) – 2 terms completed, Seat Vacant
3. Mrs. Amy Bornkamp, Treasurer (USA) – 1 term completed - Eligible for re-election, 2 years
4. Mr. Alex Suzanna (Italy) - 2 terms completed, Seat Vacant
5. Mrs. Carina Jaatinen (Finland) - 2 terms completed, Seat Vacant
6. Mrs. Xiuqin Zhu (USA) - 2 terms completed, Seat Vacant
7. Mrs. Lydia Kitungulu (Kenya) - 2 terms completed, Seat Vacant
8. Mrs. Marlies Kleiterp (The Netherlands) - Eligible for re-election, 3 years (1 term)
9. Mr. Christoph Lind (Germany) - Eligible for re-election, 3 years (1 term)
10. Mr. Gevorg Oberlyan (Armenia) - Eligible for re-election, 4 years
Our President is eligible to stand for another three-year term. For this upcoming term we will elect a Vice-president. Several of our board members have completed 2 terms and, therefore, their term is not renewable. Some other members can be re-elected for a full term or a partial term (as mentioned in the list).
To summarize, the members will elect the President, the Vice-president and the rest of the Board (9 members). Subsequently, the Board will nominate a Secretary and a Treasurer.
See you all in Rio de Janeiro!