ICOFOM REGIONAL SUBCOMMITTEE ICOFOM LAM
WHAT IS ICOFOM LAM?
On the grounds of descentralizing and regionalizing ICOM international policies set for the 1989/1992 ICOM Triennial Programme, Nelly Decarolis from Aregentina and Tereza Scheiner from Brazil were appointed to develop a Latin American ICOFOM Regional Group, giving birth to ICOFOM LAM.
From the very beginning, the aim of ICOFOM LAM was to promote and document research work on museological theory in Latin America and the Caribbean, thus allowing wider participation of our members through discussions, publications and professional exchange. Its central point for action has always been the production of papers on museum theory in the main idioms of the region: Portuguese and Spanish.
That first proposal, outlined in 1989 at The Hague XV ICOM General Conference, was made reality on behalf of the important and steady collaboration and support of the Latin American museum people.
Between 1992 and 2009, ICOFOM LAM has carried out seventeen annual meetings and an International workshop in different countries of the region, showing clearly the interest awakened among its members:
- Museums, Society and Environment - Buenos Aires, Argentina, April 1992 Parallel to the ICOM Executive Meeting and an International Seminar held by the Argentinian ICOM National Committee.
- Museology, Museums, Space and Power in Latin America and the Caribbean, Quito, Ecuador, July 1993.
- A National Meeting on the same topic was held in the Province of Mendoza, Argentina, in August 1994, sponsored by the Mayor of the city.
- Museology, Education and Community Action - Cuenca, Ecuador, October 1994 . Jointly with the Annual Meeting of CECA, as a preparation for the ICOFOM Seminars in Beijing, China and Stavanger, Norway.
- Heritage, Museums and Tourism in Latin America and the Caribbean - Barquisimeto, Venezuela, April 1995. In the realm of an International Seminar on the same theme, organized by the Venezuelan ICOM National Commitee.
- Museology and Art. Held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, May 1996, together with the Annual Meeting of ICOFOM on the same topic.
- Museology and Memory. Paris, Grenoble and Annecy, France. June/July 1997.
- Museums, Museology and Cultural Diversity. Xochimilco, México, June 1998, together with the First International Colloquium on Museology.
- Museology and Phylosophy. Coro, Venezuela, November/December 1999, together with the ICOFOM Annual Meeting on the same topic.
- Museology and Sustainable Development. Santa Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, May 2000.
- Museology and Intangible Heritage. Montevideo, Uruguay. December 2001.
- Museology and Presentation: original/real or virtual? Cuenca and Galapagos Islands, Ecuador, October 2002, together with the ICOFOM Annual Meeting on the same topic.
- Museology and Regional Heritage. Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. December 2003.
- Museology and Intangible Heritage: an integral vision. La Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala, December 2004.
- Museology, Interpretation and Communication. Lima and Cusco, Peru, October 2005.
- Museology and History. Cordoba and Alta Gracia cities, Cordoba Province, Argentina. October 2006.
- Museology and Techniques.Participation at the ICOFOM Symposium. ICOM General Conference, Vienna, Austria. August 2007.
- Workshop on Museology, a Disciplinary Field, held at the University of Rio de Janeiro, (UNIRIO, Brazil). March 2008.
- Museology and the integral museum whithin the Latin American and the Caribbean context - Santiago de Chile, October 2009.
Inform ICOFOM LAM
Museology and Phylosophy (1999)
Community, Heritage and Sustainable Development - II Ecomuseums International Meeting (2000)
Museology and Intangible Heritage (2001)
Museology and Presentation: original/real or virtual? (2002)
President ICOFOM LAM
ICOFOM SIBERIAN SUBCOMMITTEE / ICOFOM SIB
WHAT IS ICOFOM SIBERIA?
ICOFOM SIBERIA is a Regional Organization depending from ICOFOM, created under the leadership of Olga Truevtseva (Department of History and Museology, Barnaul State Pedagogical University) during the ICOFOM Annual Meeting on Museology, an Instrument for Unity and Diversity held in the cities of Krasnoyarsk, Belokurikha and Barnaul, Siberia in September 2003.
The IV ICOFOM SIBERIA Annual Meeting on Museums in a Changing World was held in Novosibirsk, capital city of Siberia, Russian Federation, between September 10-14, 2008. The meeting has been organized by the Barnaul University in collaboration with The Museum Scientific Council of Siberia, the International Committee for Museology and the Khanty-Mansiisk Autonomous Okrug Department of Culture and Art.
The programme included an International Conference and the presentation of Dr. Vinos Sofka International Transition Project.
ICOFOM SIB & SAP Report 2011
Museums and ethnocultural tourism (2010)
ICOFOM CHINA SUBCOMMITTEE